Getting PHPMyAdmin working on WampServer 2

I am working on a project that requires me to use Windows for a Wordpress install. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get my code to run on the WampServer I am beta testing on so I needed to install it locally to make debugging easier. Since it has been since college since I setup and installed a web server on Windows (IIRC) I ran into a couple hurdles. The most aggravating was PHPMyAdmin because I kept getting an “Access Denied” error. Well after a good bit o’ Google-fu I finally found a solution that worked.

Greetings

Hello and welcome to my new blog.  I figured I needed a spot to toss all the ramdom stuff I figure out on any given day.  It gives me a place to refer back to but also hopefully will save others the time of sorting this stuff out alone.

Published
Categorized as Random